Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Crochet bucket hat with Capricorn brim

Hemisphere Matters - I'm back home in Athens Georgia USA where leafless trees silhouette the winter sky. I'm missing the heat and color of a southern hemisphere summer. Traveling from summer to winter is not easy. Three months of sun, singlets and sandals living close to the Tropic of Capricorn does not prepare you for the numbing winter temperatures of North America.

While I was in Queensland I designed a new hat. It's a lot like my Melbourne bucket-style hat for travelers but it has a wider brim. I have named this brim the Capricorn brim - it offers shade on a sunny day. It's available in neutral colors like khaki and black but I have since created a wild looking one called "A Key West kind of sunset". I have adorned it with a frangipani to overstate the tropical theme.

Crochet bucket hat, Capricorn
Crochet bucket hat, Key West

The e-pattern for the Capricorn brim hat is now available from my travel headwear blogspot.

No comments: