Sunday, January 07, 2007

Frangipani flower with six petals


My frangipani flower has six petals, not five like all the other frangipanis in southeast Queensland. This has to be as lucky as finding a four-leaf clover in Ireland.

The frangipani remains my favourite flower. It doesn't stay on the tree for very long before it floats to the ground where it becomes accessible to the passerby. It's not unusual to see a frangipani adorning the hair of officer workers in the city of Brisbane....it's the perfect natural hair accessory.

7 comments:

Jules, Mary said...

I have just found a four petal frangipani flower :). I'm in Australia.

Unknown said...

Lucky? Why? I just got 6 petals here, I'm in Bali island...

Unknown said...

Most frangipanis have 5 petals. Sometimes you find a different number. You can choose to feel however you want. When I find 6 petals I take my cue from the Irish who think a 4 leaf clover is lucky (there is usually only 3). Go check out the other frangipanis in Bali and see how many petals the average flower has. J

Anonymous said...

I found a six-petal on my street! I wonder if it’s a mutation?

Anonymous said...

I got 6 petals in India

Anonymous said...

I got 6 petals in India

Anonymous said...

I got 6 in mauritius island